Oooh, so I finally got the email. Here are the details (my comments in different color):
On this diet, try to aim for…
- 3-4 servings per day of lean protein: mostly fish, seafood, chicken, turkey, duck, eggs, or tofu easy
- Lots of non-starchy vegetables, especially green leafy salad greens mostly easy
- Water, coffee, and/or tea (caffeinated or decaf) way easy
- For cooking, choose olive or canola oil I only use olive anyway
On this diet, try to limit…
- Grains to 1 serving per day of whole grains this is how I eat when I want to lose a ton of weight fast
- Fruit to 1 serving per day I don’t really eat a lot of fruit
- Red and processed meats I do eat red meat, not much processed; I know my body well enough to know eating red meat will not make a difference in my weight loss
- Alcohol to 1 drink per day (or less) currently teetotaling
On this diet, try to avoid…
- Added sugars: cakes, candies, cookies WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
- Sweetened beverages: Fruit juice, sodas, sweetened teas, sports drinks easy
Enjoy 1-2 snacks per day…
- A small handful (1 oz) of nuts easy
- Half of an avocado I like guacamole!
- A couple squares (1 oz) of dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa solids YAY!!!
- 3-4 dice-sized cubes of cheese (1 oz) DOUBLE YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
If you have a sudden craving, try
- Drinking a large glass of water and waiting a few minutes. Thirst is often confused with food cravings. Research shows that drinking water before meals can reduce appetite and help with weight loss. Iced or hot tea or coffee (particularly herbal or decaffeinated) are also good options. very good advice!
- Chewing sugar-free gum -this also can help ward off cravings. no thank you…I hate gum and sugar-free anything gives me a migraine unless it’s stevia only
This is so totally doable. This is how I eat when I need to lose TONS of weight. But because they’re allowing me a serving of grains every day, I can still ward off the migraines (I love me some brown rice) if and when I want them. I think this will work out really well. This will also work for my weekly Chipotle craving. A girl needs her burrito bowl.
Funny enough, because this is for science, I’m way more serious about it than I probably would be. So, I’m honestly expecting to lose 30+ pounds. I sincerely hope that this works the way I expect it to. FINGERS CROSSED!!!